At Konversations, we always want you to keep learning and improving.
Speaking of, we bring you Konversations #Curates - The Placement Edition in association with ABGLP. In this special series, we focus on the #placement season, with some special resources to help you. We know that you have worked hard over the years to reach the level where you have. While getting a great job is far from the finish line, why hold back right now?
Every week we shall cover:
- One article around the interview process.
- One article on a key sector and its overview in India.
- One article on current affairs that can come up in the selection process.
- One article on a great case study you can refer to during your interview/GD.
- One article on helping you choose the ideal job
Here is the next installment of KonversationsCurates - Placement Edition!
1. Even after the 2008 fracas, the Wall Street retains its bad - ass reputation of being the most challenging, exciting and rewarding place to work for investment bankers and financial markets experts. Here is a list of some of the toughest questions asked on the Street. Preparing for them will help you get ready for some of the big names from the Street as well as from all over the world that will be recruiting from your campus this year...
2. Just look at how your consumption of TV shows and films has exploded in the last few years and you will know that the media and entertainment industry is one of the most glamorous, dynamic and thrilling space to be in today. With some of the biggest global brands making their way to India, it will hold you in good stead this placement season to go through PWC's Outlook of the Global Media and Entertainment Space from 2017-2022.
3. With the 2019 Lok Sabha elections looming large, the Union Budget 2018 coming this February is expected to be a landmark event for a Government which has shown its penchant for dramatic steps and wide-ranging changes. Have a look at what are some of the areas where we might see big changes this Budget.
4. They keep saying in jest that a marketeer can sell ice to an eskimo. But how the diamond business made diamonds so precious and valuable is a real life case of a marketeer making more of a product than its intrinsic value. Have a look at this classic article written way back in 1982 to understand how a coterie of businessmen went about hoodwinking the entire world into saying "I Do."
5. Sometimes its simpler than we realise. Finding your aptitude and inclinations so that you find a job you love is simplified into a 3 step process in this video. Watch this TEDxTalk on 'How to find and do the work you love' and make a more sensible ranking of companies coming on campus this season.
Want to read more such stories and excel during placements? Check out the previous editions here.
Konversations Pro Team
Our in- house team of experts, spanning diverse fields.