At Konversations, we always want you to keep learning and improving.
Speaking of, we bring you Konversations #Curates - The placement Edition in association with ABGLP. In this special series, we focus on the #placement season, with some special resources to help you. We know that you have worked hard over the years to reach the level where you have. While getting a great job is far from the finish line, why hold back right now?
Every week we shall cover:
- One article around the interview process.
- One article on a key sector and its overview in India.
- One article on current affairs that can come up in the selection process.
- One article on a great case study you can refer to during your interview/GD.
- One article on helping you choose the ideal job.
Here is the very special first installment of KonversationsCurates - Placement Edition
1. Not converting an interview call into a job feels a lot worse than not getting one. Asha Kaul, Professor and Chair, Communication Area and Chairperson, Placements, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad shares some tips and tricks for answering tricky interview questions so that you don't blow your golden opportunity.
2. According to experts, India's manufacturing sector has underperformed for too long. But the sun can rise again on the Indian manufacturing sector if they take the right steps. McKinsey analysis finds that India's manufacturing sector has the potential to grow sixfold by 2025, to $1 trillion, while creating up to 90 million domestic jobs.
3. Here's a marketing case study that can impress the interviewers. Sweden is a country at the very forefront of our civilisation. It is no surprise then that it does marketing also in a very evolved way. Learn about how it went about promoting Sweden Tourism in countries all over the world. See how a well thought out campaign can go viral on its own. Find out more about the campaign here.
5. Technology is replacing human effort in a variety of domains at a breakneck pace today. And if you are not too careful about your decisions, you might find yourself in a pickle. Here's a ready reckoner for you to make a more informed job decision this placement season.