At Konversations, we always want you to keep learning and improving.
Speaking of, we bring you Konversations #Curates - The Placement Edition in association with ABGLP. In this special series, we focus on the #placement season, with some special resources to help you. We know that you have worked hard over the years to reach the level where you have. While getting a great job is far from the finish line, why hold back right now?
Every week we shall cover:
- One article around the interview process.
- One article on a key sector and its overview in India.
- One article on current affairs that can come up in the selection process.
- One article on a great case study you can refer to during your interview/GD.
- One article on helping you choose the ideal job.
Here is the next installment of KonversationsCurates - Placement Edition!
1. Are you an analytical thinker, who can improvise plans to fit the situation and generally impress managers and recruiters? Because that’s what you need to be, in order to crack any interview. Here are 13 interview questions that basically decide your future…
2. The IT services sector contributes more than 60% to India's economy and 28% to the total employment. The global IT spending is expected to reach $3.5 trillion in 2017. 26 billion internet connected devices and over 4 billion internet users by 2020. In 2016, the IP traffic crossed 1.1 Zeta Bytes (over 1 trillion GB). This is expected to touch 2.3 ZB by 2020. If these are not reason enough, here’s a deep dive into why the ITeS sector is the sector to work in.
3. Get GD ready with some gyaan from this opinion piece. How will the flavor of politics develop in 2018? Will the "minority-sensitive" new BJP corner "soft Hindu" Rahul? Will the Opposition capitalize on emerging economic conflicts across the length and breadth of the country? And is there an economic slow - down in India?
4. Imagine this: you pinned your wish - list throughout the year on various boards via Pinterest. And during Christmas, you actually got those items you pinned as gifts! Awesome right?! Because that’s what Pinterest made possible with their special "secret Santa." Meanwhile, it’s a great marketing/ social media case study for GDs or PIs! Check it out here…
5. You do not have to take up the first job offer that comes your way. So how do you choose the right job, then? Here’s 10 tried and tested methods to choose the right job!
Want to read more such stories and excel during placements? Check out the previous editions here.
Konversations Pro Team
Our in- house team of experts, spanning diverse fields.